Back to basics

Tuesday, June 12, 2012


While I love my serums and intensive treatments, I think it's nice to take a break from them occasionally.

Contratry to what I thought, my skin didn't take turn for the worse when I came back from Taiwan. No breakouts, no skin flaking. But to play safe, I decided that I will just stick to the basics - cleanser, toner/lotion and moisturizer for my skincare routine. And I have selected those that contain hydrating or moisturizing properties. I haven't really been writing product reviews lately because I thought that it would be good to let my skin take a break and slowly adjust back to Singapore's humidity level before I start trying out new products. For I wouldn't want to blame the product for breaking me out when it's the climate and my skin that ain't adjusting well. Speaking of which, it is essential that you select your skincare not only based on what your skin needs but also the climate of the country (or more broadly, the place that you're in).

While I have done reviews on both the mist and cream, I haven't had a chance to rave about this wonderful cleanser!

1. Kose Cosmeport Softymo Hyaluronic Acid Facial Washing Foam

This product won the Taiwan's Brightmove Beauty Product Award in 2006.

I got this during my Hong Kong trip but only managed to get down to using it because I have way too many cleansers! And no, I didn't know about the beauty product award it won when I got this. I knew I just had to get it when I spotted it from the shelf over at the drugstore (it was Bonjour if I didn't remember wrongly) and the words -
Hyaluronic Acid were almost screaming out for me.

Product claim:

Softymo Hyaluronic Acid Facial Washing Foam contains high-hydrating element hyaluronic acid, which blemishes deep in pores, keeping your skin clean and moist at all time. Hyaluronic acid also aids your skin in achieving the radiant translucent look.

My thoughts:

You might be thinking, "Why would you even need a cleanser that contains hyaluronic acid when you still have to rinse it off ultimately?" It is almost known to all that hyaluronic acid contains hydrating properties. Well, obviously there's something more to it. It's not quite the scent, it smells almost like every other product that contains hyaluronic acid, almost scent less expect for that faint bit. Although it doesn't foam as well as most cleansers out there, I like it because it doesn't make my skin feel tight after using it. I use this twice a day, once in the morning alone and once at night to double cleanse after removing my makeup.

2. Kinerase Hydrating Antioxidant Mist

While I don't usually fancy toner/lotion that has a consistency this light, I am really happy with this as it doesn't dry my skin out. Click on the link to read the full review http://sweetestsins.blogspot.sg/2012/04/kinerase-bloggers-event-review.html

3. Chamos Acaci Apple Intensive Nutry Cream

The texture of this moisturizer is such that after applying onto your skin, it turns into water droplets!


P.S: This is my first time using the Blogger App to blog. As a matter of fact, this post was typed entirely on my way to and fro work journey using my iPhone. Expect more updates soon especially after I finish editing and resizing my Taiwan photos!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats

Like us on Facebook