Day 4: Bangkok - Central World Mall, Platinum Fashion Mall and Bangkok Shopping Haul

Saturday, April 13, 2013

bangkok trip blog day 4

This post marks the last entry for my Bangkok trip! Its quite an achievement I must say to finish writing about my Bangkok trip

Read on to find out about my 4th day (also my last day in Bangkok) as well as my Bangkok shopping haul!

As with other days when we were in Bangkok, we had our breakfast in Abloom cafe before heading out. 

singapore travel blog by singapore travel blogger patricia tee bangkok trip day 4 - 7
Breakfast cereal with milk, my favourite!
You can choose between scrambled egg, poached egg or sunny side up. I rotated between them out of the 4 days we were there.

singapore travel blog by singapore travel blogger patricia tee bangkok trip day 4 - 8

The 7-eleven in Bangkok is really awesome. They sell almost everything from body mist to shampoos etc. Got these Kleenex facial tissues because the packaging is so nice! I know I always fall for products with nice packaging but its just so hard to resist!

singapore travel blog by singapore travel blogger patricia tee bangkok trip day 4 - 9

After that, we headed to Central World Mall where I was wowed by the window display of the shops there. Well, you can't blame me for noticing the visual merchandising and signages for I majored in Retail Management back then in Polytechnic.

singapore travel blog by singapore travel blogger patricia tee bangkok trip day 4 - 1
Jaspal, Central World Mall
singapore travel blog by singapore travel blogger patricia tee bangkok trip day 4 - 2
Lyn around, Central World Mall
There is a lot of international brands in Central World Mall that would be familiar to you such as Esprit, Bershka, British India and Nautica.

singapore travel blog by singapore travel blogger patricia tee bangkok trip day 4 - 3

Besides checking out drugstores in foreign countries when I travel, I also love checking out their supermarkets because you can find snacks that are exclusive to that particular country and you can definitely find local beauty, skincare products in there. That's like killing two birds with one stone, no?

So I headed to Isetan over at Central World Mall and I got myself Pocky in Lychee, Blueberry and Strawberry. They are really affordable? If I didn't remember wrongly, its probably SGD1 or 1.20 per pack and they have got fruit flakes on them. They are really nice! My colleague said that they are also available in Golden Mile Complex Thai Supermarket. 

singapore travel blog by singapore travel blogger patricia tee bangkok trip day 4 - 6
Lychee Flake Pocky, Blueberry Flake Pocky and Strawberry Flake Pocky
We headed to Platinum Fashion Mall next because my cousin wanted to do more shopping. We had our last meal in Bangkok there at KFC. Its quite hard to order especially if you want to customize your order but I'm thankful that the staff managed to understand me when I said that I don't want my chicken rice to be spicy.

Here's my non-spicy chicken rice set with salad.

singapore travel blog by singapore travel blogger patricia tee bangkok trip day 4 - 4

I ordered the non-spicy version because I was afraid that the spicy version would be too spicy for me. The chicken rice set have got white fungus in it which I thought was quite special. I am a fan of white and black fungus. I think they did add lemongrass to it.

After our late lunch, we took a cab back to Abloom Apartments. You got to be really firm when taking a cab in Bangkok. Most of the cab drivers tend to not on their meter and quote their own price despite the fact that there were security guards guarding the taxi queue asking them to. Unless really needed, I think taking the BTS is so much more convenient and you need not worry about being charged at inflated prices for your cab fare.

There was 8 of us in total so we asked the staff over at Abloom Apartments to help us call for transport to the airport and here's our van/mini-bus.

singapore travel blog by singapore travel blogger patricia tee bangkok trip day 4 - 5

Its rather roomy considering the fact that there's only 8 of us and most of us can have two seats to ourselves so it was a very comfortable ride to Suvarnabhumi Airport.

As promised, here's my collective (humble) shopping haul from Bangkok.

singapore travel blog by singapore travel blogger patricia tee bangkok trip day 4 - 11
Bangkok shopping haul: earrings holder, rabito iphone cover, naraya bag, naraya pouches, barrier repair cleanser, shoes, pocky
I got the Rabito (bunny/rabbit) iPhone covers and earrings holder as gifts for my cousin and friend from a roadside stall. I like Naraya because they have got all kinds of pouches/covers and they are really affordable. Mommy got the pouches as gifts for her colleagues while I got myself a kimono print bow sling bag in black from Naraya. Got Barrier Repair cleanser from Watsons because I have used their face masks before and I liked it. 

Here's the second part of my shopping haul.  

singapore travel blog by singapore travel blogger patricia tee bangkok trip day 3 - my haul
Bangkok shopping haul: sling bags, soap & glory scrub of my life, pond's magic face powder oil and blemish control, iphone covers (again) and anne & florio nail polishes

Got 3 of the same sling bag from MBK except that its in different colors. One is for myself and the rest is as gifts. The iPhone covers were only SGD$5 or $8 each only! Look at how pretty the prints are! I also picked up Soap & Glory scrub of my life and Pond's magic face powder from Boots as well as two Anne & Florio nail polishes from Beauty Buffet.

And here is part 3 of my shopping haul. More bags and a pair of shoes and tees for my cousins. 

bangkok shopping haul

This marks the end of my Bangkok trip blog post series. I hope you like this post, thanks for reading.

Love,
Patricia



To be notified of the latest beauty news, launches or events, follow me on or like SweetestSins on

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats

Like us on Facebook