Laneige 6-in-1 BB Cushion review

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

laneige bb cushion
 
When Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion first came out in 2012, my cousin, Si Ling tasked me to get it for her during my Korea trip. If you haven't already know, she's a Korean beauty fanatic and she's the one whom got me into Korean skincare and makeup products. If I didn't remember wrongly, I paid about 34,000 KRW, approx SGD 39 for a Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion with 1 refill.
 
Plus, my partner in crime, Joanne has the most flawless skin ever. I remember asking her what base makeup product she uses and her answer was, "Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion".
 
Given the positive reviews, I just had to try Laneige 6-in-1 BB Cushion to find out if it is worth the hype.    


laneige bb cushion review

Like Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion, Laneige 6-in-1 BB Cushion comes with a BB cushion with the pact and a refill.

When opened, the pact reveals a mirror (which is convenient for touch-ups on the go) and a sponge applicator.
laneige bb cushion

laneige bb cushion review

When I first tried Laneige 6-in-1 BB Cushion, I used the sponge included in the BB Cushion pact to apply the product on my skin which resulted in a heavy base makeup look which I didn't really like especially for regular work days and weekend shopping. 

Then I tried applying Laneige BB Cushion with my Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki and boy, the result was - a natural dewy finish which looks and feels lightweight on the skin.

Sigma Flat Kabuki F80
Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki

Another brush that I found which works very well with Laneige BB Cushion to give a nice soft glow is -

etude house dual fibre cheek brush review
Etude House Duo Fibre Cheek Brush

Between the two, I prefer using Etude House Duo Fibre Cheek Brush to apply Laneige BB cushion as I find that it helps to minimize the appearance of my pores. 

Beauty tip: For undereye area and the area beside the nose and mouth that requires more coverage, I apply Laneige BB cushion with the sponge applicator provided.
I like how the sponge applicator and the BB cushion is housed separated by a plastic compartment which makes it more sanitary.

laneige bb cushion review

There it is.. unveiling the new Laneige 6-in-1 BB Cushion which uses uses a specially developed technology called cell-trap sponge multi cushion form to put fine liquid contents in an optimal 800,000 cell sponge. This special technology was recognized with an award of excellence at 2012 Korea Technology Awards.
It incorporates the innovative Melacrusher Technology to target melanin formation as well as bead tree extract and natural mineral water for added skincare and hydration benefits.

laneige bb cushion review (5)

What is it:

The new Laneige 6-in-1 BB cushion incorporates the innovative Melacrusher Technology to target melanin formation as well as bead tree extract and natural mineral water for added skincare and hydration benefits.

6 Benefits:

1) Brightening Effect
2) UV Protection (SPF 50+ PA+++)
3) Moisturizing Effect
4) Water-resistant
5) Make-up Tint
6) Soothing Effect (skin temperature drops by 4°C immediately after using Laneige BB cushion)

If you are a Korean beauty fanatic like me, you will know that most Korean base makeup products especially BB cream comes in just 2 shades, #21 and #23. Guess what? Laneige 6-in-1 BB Cushion is available in 5 shades!

#13 True Beige
#21 Natural Beige
#23 Sand Beige
#31 Brown Beige
#33 Coffee
 
laneige bb cushion swatch
Laneige BB cushion swatch

laneige bb cushion before and after
Laneige 6-in-1 BB cushion before and after

My thoughts:

I like how Laneige BB cushion provide a natural dewy effect after application. In terms of coverage, it can be built on to your preference. I have combination skin type and I like how Laneige BB cushion doesn't make my face shine, blotting of my nose is only required once or at times none throughout the day.

Here's how Laneige 6-in-1 BB cushion looks like on me. I'm wearing #23 Sand Beige (my usual shade for Korean base makeup products) which the Laneige Beauty Advisor matched me to at Laneige K-Beauty Secrets for Bright Flawless Skin media preview held at TCC by the Bay.  

laneige bb cushion after
after applying Laneige 6-in-1 BB cushion #23 Sand Beige

On normal work days, I don't normally do touch-ups. But if I'm meeting my friends or heading to events after work, I will apply a thin layer of Laneige BB cushion with the sponge provided after blotting with tissue on top of my makeup applied earlier that morning. Normally, if I were to do that with my other base makeup products, it will definitely cake up or look too heavy on me but guess what? Laneige BB cushion doesn't cake up when used to touch up. Best of all, it looks very natural still!

Here are some of the pictures taken at Laneige K-Beauty Secrets for Bright Flawless Skin media preview which you might have come across if you are following me on Instagram, @yongwei318.
laneige k beauty secrets for bright flawless skin media preview (1)

laneige k beauty secrets for bright flawless skin media preview (3)
With Charissa

laneige k beauty secrets for bright flawless skin media preview (2)
#ootd for Laneige K-Beauty Secrets for Bright Flawless Skin media preview

Price:

Laneige BB Cushion SGD $59

Available at all Laneige Boutiques and counters in March 2014.

Laneige Boutiques

Ion Orchard
2 Orchard Turn
#B3-66A
Singapore 238801

Jcube
2 Jurong East Central 1
#01-04
Singapore 609731

Jurong Point
1 Jurong West Central 2
#01-59/79/80
Singapore 648886

Plaza Singapura
68 Orchard Road
#03-77
Singapore 238829

Suntec City
3 Temasek Boulevard
#01-312
Singapore 038983


You might like these posts:

♥ Laneige Water Bank Series review
♥ Laneige Makeover by Korean Celebrity Makeup Artist, Mr Park Min Hyuk
♥ Laneige Pore Deep Clearing Foam review


-------------------- CONNECT WITH --------------------

Google Friend Connect Twitter @yongwei318 Instagram @yongwei318 Google+ SweetestSins Facebook page SweetestSins

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stats

Like us on Facebook